G-Research uses scientific techniques to produce world-beating predictive research and builds advanced technology to analyse big data. We believe in the science of ideas, where innovation meets imagination.
What we create today, predicts tomorrow.
We are growing our Legal team, whose principal function is to provide comprehensive commercial legal advice to the General Counsel and wider business, ensuring the delivery of efficient, effective and commercially minded legal solutions.
We deal with a wide and interesting variety of legal issues, ranging from technology to employment, financial regulatory and corporate matters. We solve challenging legal problems every day, and this role provides an exciting opportunity to marry complex legal theory with commercial reality.
Our flat structure allows you to stand out and advise on strategic matters from the outset.
You will work alongside an experienced and motivated team, and have a direct reporting line to the General Counsel.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a strong grounding in commercial law, and with the right mind-set to be able to apply those principles in practice to every day issues.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post qualification experience as a solicitor in England & Wales including significant commercial legal experience.
- Direct experience in the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements, financial services regulation, trade secrets/intellectual property protection, data privacy law and employment.
- Ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation as required, with appropriate form and style.
- Excellent academics, to include a minimum 2.1 degree or equivalent.
Why should you apply?
- Fantastic opportunity to build out and manage a new function created to facilitate our journey towards being a truly modern and open source development function.
- We solve incredibly difficult problems using the best tools available for the job, and are rapidly extending the use of new technologies.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Relaxed environment with a relaxed informal dress code.
- Great work/life balance with fantastic benefits package including comprehensive healthcare and life assurance, 25 days holiday, contributory pension scheme, cycle scheme, gym subsidy, monthly company events and many more!
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus.